So Today my little girl stayed home sick. Which always sucks because by the time the cold meds kick in she feels great and is driving me up the wall because she is bored and feels good. Drew decided that this would be a great day to practice jumping. Off of the coffee table. Onto his sister's stomach. She threw up on him. After that mess was handled, and oh yes, it WAS a mess, I fed them lunch and put Drew down for a nap. I had Ivy help me make dinner. I had already put a pot roast in the crock pot and a ton of veggies, so she got to make Rosemary Garlic Cheesy beer bread. She measured it all out and mixed it up and did it all with only supervision from me. I am very proud of her. Then she wanted to make 10 different kinds of desert but I told her that she had done enough cooking for one day and we would talk about baking desert on the weekend. Anyway, here are the pictures and the recipe. I am sure that anyone over the age of 4 could mix it up and over the age of 5 ( if they listen well) could do all the cooking on their own.
Cheesy Rosemary garlic beer bread
3c self rising flour
2 tbls of sugar
1 cheap light beer (can or bottle 12 oz, we used Natural ice)
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp minced or dried garlic.
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
melted butter
Preheat oven to 350. Spray loaf pan with Pam. Mix flour, sugar, garlic, and rosemary together. Add beer and stir til mixed ( about 50 strokes with a spoon). Then stir in the cheese. Dump mixture into loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour brushing melted butter onto when halfway done baking. Allow to cool completely before taking out of pan.
Aren't these the most awesome freaking pj pants you have ever seen?
Please ignore the mess behind her. My boy went on a rampage before nap time and I hadn't cleaned it up yet. This is my sweet beautiful Ivy and her bread. We ate it with dinner and it was DELICIOUS!!




No comments:
Post a Comment